Wednesday 8 August 2012

Carrot Chutney




Today I had planned to make dosa for Breakfast, When I was thinking for some  sidesdish for these dosas , I remembered seeing carrot chutney in a cookery show. I had bought lots of carrots the previous day , so I planned to do this carrot chutney for dosas. This chutney became a hit in my house. My husband couldnt believe that the chutney was made with carrot.

Ull Need :

1. Carrot - 2
2. Urud dhall - 1 tblsp
3. Red chilies - 2 or 3
4. Tamarind - 1 small piece
5. Salt to taste
6. Oil - 2 tsp



Method :

1. Grate carrots in a grater and keep it aside
2. Heat oil in a pan and add urud dhall and red chillies
3. Once the dhall changes its colour ,transfer to a plate and allow it to cool.
4. Now in the same pan jus fry the grated carrotfor 2 min in the remaining oil
5. Add the tamarind give a mix and add it to the dhall
6. Once it cools add salt and grind it in a mixie.
7. Your carrot chutney is ready


No comments:

Post a Comment