One day when we went to a Hotel , in the menu card I saw Mysore Bonda and I ordered. It was very good, looked like our normal Bonda but tasted differently. I wanted to know the recipe of this and on of my neighbour told me how to do and came out very well.
Ull Need :
- All purpose Flour (Maida) flour - 1 Cup
- Rice Flour - 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk - 1 cup(without adding salt)
- Coconut pieces - 2 ts
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp (Cut into small pieces)
- Greenchilly - 2 (Cut into small pieces)
- Cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
- In a bowl mix Maida, Rice Flour, Buttermilk and salt
- Make to a vada batter consistency
- Now add Coconut pieces, jeera, ginger, green chilly and cooking soda.
- Add water if necessary and keep it aside for 45 min
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Now take a small amount of this batter roll it in your finger like bonda and drop it sowly in the kadai.
- Do not over heat the oil , then the bondas will not be cooked properly
- Turn the bondas till it becomes golden brown in all sides
- Serve Hot with Coconut Chutney.