This is one recipe which i do in my home when my refrigerator is out of vegetables .Its very easy receipe and nutritious too. It will be a filling dish for your kids lunch as it is a mixture of dhall and bread. My son generally likes any bread varieties so I pack this often for his school with a fruit.
Ull Need :
1. Bread slices
2. Split yellow moong dhall - 2 cup
3. Coriander Leaves - hand full
4. Ginger - 1 inch
5. Green chilly - 1
6. Grated carrot - 1 cup
7. Chopped Onion
8. Ghee for toasting
1. Soak Moong dhall in water for half and hour.
2. Drain the water and add moong dhall, coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger, salt and grind.
3. Do not grind them into fine paste. One or two dhalls must be seen.
4. Transfer it to a bowl add chopped onion, grated carrots and give a good mix.
5. Take a bread slice spread the moong dhall mixture in one side of the bread.
6. Heat the dosa pan drop few drops of ghee and place the bread.
7. The side in which the mixture is applied should be on top
8. After a min turn the bread so that the applied side faces down and gets cooked and becomes little brown.
9. Apply some ghee if needed .
10. Serve with Tomato sauce.